what am I thinking?!??!

my preparations and thoughts as I prepare to compete at Primal Quest '06

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

the back story

how much of the back story? How about back to the fall when PQ '06 was announced. I decided to get a team together to apply for a spot at the race. There were to be 70 spots, with some already commited to top finishers at previous races, some for international teams and the balance for a lottery of entries. We (Tom, Coby, Pete and I) put our name in for a spot in the lottery.

We didn't get a spot. It was very very disappointing. The increased the field to 90 teams, and even so, we were on the waiting list with another 30 teams. We thought that when the next payment was due that we would get a spot. So we waited.

Then turkey day came, and then christmas came, and still no spot for PQ. We decided to disband and try to find teams to join on our own. Pete and I decided to stick together and we send our race bios off to team 24seven, who had posted on the PQ forums that they were looking for a male and a female to join them, preferably two people who had race experience together. Pete and I certainly have that. So, to cut to the end of the story, we found out on Friday that we have been chosen to join them for the race.

yay! so, now we're commited to doing PQ in June. I'm excited, and scared, and excited. And really scared. I don't feel like I know how to train, or how to pay for it, or how to do it. But I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home