what am I thinking?!??!

my preparations and thoughts as I prepare to compete at Primal Quest '06

Thursday, February 09, 2006

a new bike for me!

I'm getting a new bike!!! So, I'm still riding the same mountain bike I got when I was doing my master's and living with Tasha in the orange apartment (1998). My bike is old and tired. It's actually making me slower than could be. But, of course, I can't afford the bike that I want, because although i ride a piece of shit, I'm still a bike snob. Howard (one of the shop owners) gave me an incentive plan a few weeks ago. We had too much inventory. he said when I got down to 7 frames in stock (we had 13 at the time) that the shop would buy a demo bike in my size for me to ride.

I sold 4 bikes on monday and one on tuesday. And I ordered my new bike on tuesday afternoon! Probably the parts won't all be here until monday. I wish I had paid to expedite the shipping so I could be riding it this weekend. I guess if I've been waiting this long, I can wait a few more days.

So, here's what I'm getting:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home