what am I thinking?!??!

my preparations and thoughts as I prepare to compete at Primal Quest '06

Friday, June 09, 2006

the weekend approaches

And that means that it's time to pack. I'll take over all the flat surfaces in the house, I'm expecting. Right now it's contained to the spare room (now referred to as the gear room) but once i unpile it, it will explode to cover any available space. We have to take a remarkable amount of stuff with us. I looked over the gear list last night to do a quick check of what I need to pick up at REI on the way home tonight.

The food situation is also a bit crazy. Last night I sat down and figured out how many calories per day I would get by dividing up all the food I bought at Costco. 11,700. Which is far far more than I need. I need about 6,000 calories/day, and I will get some of that from Spiz. So, I'll share my food purchases with Pete. He hasn't been food shopping yet, so it works out ok. And since he bought all the Spiz, it will work out well there too.

I'll post pictures as the packing takes over the house.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All I can say it that it's a good thing we're taking the pop-up... other wise we'd have to strap you to the roof!

     
  • At 7:29 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I remember setting up an assembly line in my kitchen - starting at the table then across all the counters to load my food bags.
    s

     

Post a Comment

<< Home