what am I thinking?!??!

my preparations and thoughts as I prepare to compete at Primal Quest '06

Monday, February 13, 2006

in memory of

On Sunday I was chatting online with Chris, a good friend who lives in Seattle. I was telling him about my gift registry, which he thought was a cool idea. I told him that the pack I wanted wasn't available through REI, and I sent him a link to the GoLite site. At the end of the conversation, he told me the pack was on it's way. (thanks, chris!!) I said I would write his name on it for the TV cameras to see. He suggested that I write his mom's name instead.

Gail Alef died a few months ago after being hit by a car while riding her bike on a Sunday morning. Most parents think Primal Quest sounds insane, and worry about the risks. Gail would have said it was really cool, and probably would have been a little jealous. So, Gail, I'll be wearing the pack for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home