what am I thinking?!??!

my preparations and thoughts as I prepare to compete at Primal Quest '06

Monday, February 27, 2006

the weekend recap

Our ropes certification was scheduled for Saturday morning. However, after our four months of drought, the wet week was supposed to continue into Saturday with rain all day. The plan (or so I thought) was that the cert would happen Saturday unless you heard otherwise. Even though it was raining, and it seemed like pretty shitty weather for climbing up and down ropes, I didn't hear anything. I definitely didn't want to miss it, so off I went in the rain (and late) to the greenbelt. Of course, I was the only one there. And it was raining. Hard. But I was already wet and awake, so I tromped around the greenbelt for two hours before going home for a hot bath.

(insert car fixing, wedding, sleeping here)

On Sunday the weather was much better and we (myself, Tom and the Dynamic Health team) converged on the Urban Assault wall for some climbing up and down and up and down the ropes. There was a lot of waiting involved, since some tasks were a bit time consuming (mental note - must practice rappelling past an anchor) and there were only two ropes and six people. But, no one got cranky, and the weather was good, and it was really enjoyable. I thank everyone who was there for making it a fun morning.

Apres rope certs, I had been planning to go for a mountain bike ride. But I hadn't seen Graeme much all weekend, so instead we went and played frisbee golf together. Unfortunately, frisbee golf isn't a PQ event. So what. It was fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home