what am I thinking?!??!

my preparations and thoughts as I prepare to compete at Primal Quest '06

Sunday, March 12, 2006

the list

I know I have a shitload of stuff to do in the next three months (apart from training. I'm well aware of that part) and I'm having trouble keeping it all in my head. So, I thought I should make a list. Which I have. And it's scary. There is still a lot to do and a lot of gear to get. yikes.

So, here it is. The LIST.

To do:
first aid cert
horse cert
swimming cert
eye exam/contact lenses

To get:
crampons
ice axe
gear box
kong skarab helmet
new shoes
gear box
new headlamp
extra space blankets
rapelling gloves
lightweight/small packing sleeping bag
knife with sheath
mesh bag for paddling gear
swim fins with tether
swim board/boogie board
neoprene gloves
rain gear/shell
shorts
bike shoes - regular and larger size

I'm sure that's not complete, but at least I have it written down so I can see it. Even though it makes it scary, it also makes it manageable.

(If anyone wants to buy me a piece of gear, however small, I have a gift registry at REI. You can just search for my name and find it. I'm learning how to ask for help and accept graciously. Marlene says it's good practice. Marlene is always telling me that hard things are good practice. It's reminicent of my parents telling me that things I didn't like would build character. At some point, I think I had enough character.)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:21 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Marlene just wants to defend herself here and mention that it's all just a question of what KIND of character you want to build - a weenie one, or an amazing one? Both Beth and I tend to opt for "amazing", although we might whine a bit about it. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home