what am I thinking?!??!

my preparations and thoughts as I prepare to compete at Primal Quest '06

Saturday, March 11, 2006

too tired to sleep

Do you ever get so tired that you can't even get off the couch to go to bed? That's how I feel. We did the kayaking certs today, and it was a LOOOOONG day. I got home about 14 hrs after I left (although that did include breakfast before heading down to San Marcos). I ended up having to call Sheryl to check on the dog since I was out so much longer than I had expected.

The day went really well. The biggest thing I got out of it was paddling technique. I have always just paddled. Today we were filmed paddling at different speeds, and our technique was critiqued. I do things that I had no idea about. My technique is pretty good at a sprint, but gets worse as I slow down. I worked on it through the day and noticed distinct improvements in speed and efficiency. I'm excited to work on it later this week.

I was supposed to be helping out with some trail building tomorrow, but I just want to sleep until I'm done and then take Westley to the dog park, and then practice some ropes work before going riding later in the afternoon. I just need a mellow morning. Especially with the new schedule of paddling with Tom at 6 am on Mondays. yikes.

On that note, I'm going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home