what am I thinking?!??!

my preparations and thoughts as I prepare to compete at Primal Quest '06

Thursday, April 20, 2006

tired and sore

My legs are sore today, and I'm tired. The alarm went off at 7 am and I was not done sleeping. If the race weren't in 9.5 weeks, I probably would have kept sleeping. I was also supposed to be meeting Howard to go mountain biking. He called at 7:30 to cancel, so I took Westley trail running instead. I feel like I'm not putting in enough time running (because it's hard to do the thing you like the least, even when it's the thing you need to do the most).

It was beautiful outside, but now I'm sore. I went to the gym yesterday, and with not having a rest day since Friday, it's building up. And I eat All The Time.

Next rest day isn't going to be until... I don't know when. sigh.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:12 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Beth - I can't take creating yet another user account, so I'll post as anonymous, but this is Jen, in Seattle. Just wanted to tell you I have really been enjoying your blog - it's cool to hear all about your processes - thought and other - as you prepare for this staggering event. And I loved the Nike quote in this context.

    Yeah, what a surprise that the stuff you don't like to do is the stuff you most need to do :-/ But eating - you really need to eat, and that's fun -right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home