what am I thinking?!??!

my preparations and thoughts as I prepare to compete at Primal Quest '06

Monday, April 10, 2006

weekend recap

Driving. Way Too Much Driving. This weekend totally violated the rule that:

total drive time < total ride and/or trek and/or paddle time

Instead, I drove for 22 hours for a 12 hr race. But, I don't regret it at all, because I had a great time, got to see friends and rode my bike on a fun course.

The race course was excellent. All singletrack (12.5 mile loop) including some technical features that would NEVER make it in a usual endurace race. Tight switchbacks with real exposure (and serious consequences if you don't make the turn). They had a rule in place to make sure everyone was off the course by dark, since those switchbacks would have been dangerous after dark. The event was well run and great fun.

Oh, and I came in second.

Pete and I rode together the whole time and finished 7 laps. Adam did 5 laps on his singlespeed (yay, Adam!). I also got to see Marcie and the kids in Albuquerque before heading to the race course. So, even though the rule was broken, it was a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home