what am I thinking?!??!

my preparations and thoughts as I prepare to compete at Primal Quest '06

Sunday, April 02, 2006

the weekend in review

It's been a busy weekend here. Marcie arrived on Thursday night late late late. I had to go to work for awhile on Friday, but left early to hang out with her. We went to the tattoo place, since she wanted one, and there is one I've been thinking about getting for about 6 years. I signed the forms, was all set to go, but then I read the waiver. "No swimming for however-many days". Oops. My swim certs were scheduled for Saturday, so I had to defer until later. Marcie got hers though. After she got her tattoo done, we met up with Graeme and went out for dinner and margaritas. Yum.

On Saturday, I got up and went for a walk with the dog to pick up some cinnamon buns from Upper Crust Bakery. After breakfast, we did some errands before my swimming cert. I did the swimming down at Barton Springs Pool, which is the jewel of Austin. We had to do a 1 mile swim, and then 10 minutes of treading water. I was dreading it a bit, since I haven't swam a mile in 10 years, probably. But it actually wasn't too bad.

After the swim cert, we had been planning to go back to the tattoo place, but we were running very short on time. There was a surprise party planned for Jonathan that we had to get to. (it was a total surprise. brilliantly executed). We did try to do the tattoo thing after the party, but got to the place 20 minutes before closing. Strike two.

Today, the plan was gospel brunch at Maria's Taco Express, and then attempt three at the tattoo, followed by frisbee golf and then dinner at the Salt Lick. I would call that a perfect Austin day.

Three time's a charm for the tattoo. Here it is. I love it.

(oh ya. I didn't train at all. oh well)


2 Comments:

  • At 10:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the tattoo! And I say that as someone who is not a huge fan of tattoos. But this one is so . . . YOU! Very cool!

    Jen

     
  • At 2:02 p.m., Blogger Sangulo said…

    Awesome!!! I saw the tulip chainring before it went live! Thanks again for fixing my brakes, they performed flawlessly on the zillion downhills I rode at Waco on Sunday :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home