what am I thinking?!??!

my preparations and thoughts as I prepare to compete at Primal Quest '06

Thursday, March 23, 2006

my stellar sister-in-law



Erika found out last week that she got a placement for her residency. She has had a really tough year-and-a-bit after not getting a residency placement in Canada when she finished medical school. She stuck to what she wanted to do and went to Michigan to work while studying for and writing the US medical exams. The placement she got was her last choice, and she was feeling pretty bummed about it when she found out. But I'm proud of her for sticking to it, going after what she wanted, and not listening to the voices in her head. There were a bunch of times when it would be have been easier to give up, or change to general surgery rather than going for the specialization she wanted.

Erika, you're going to be a great surgeon, regardless of where you do your residency. I'm totally proud of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home