what am I thinking?!??!

my preparations and thoughts as I prepare to compete at Primal Quest '06

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

not a good start to the day

Tom and I had plans to paddle this morning at 6 am. I set the alarm last night and tried to go to bed early. When it was still dark out, I heard my cell phone ringing from the living room. I jumped out of bed, and saw on the kitchen clock that it was 5:49. Shit! It was Tom calling to say he was on his way. Thank god he called. I made it to the boat warehouse just after him, but in my rush I didn't check the weather. I was woefully underdressed and was a shivering mess by the time we were done paddling. 20 minutes in a hot shower did little to warm me up.

After the scalding shower, I took Westley for our usual morning walk. On the way back, he rolled in the nastiest smelling pile of something's shit I have ever smelled. This seems to be a distressing new habit. He did it last week in an although less horrible, still stinky pile. I kept him outside when we got home until I had the bath ready. In he went. Now he smells good again.

I can think of better ways to start the day than freezing my ass off and then washing shit off my dog.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:09 a.m., Blogger Karen said…

    Oh, Beth, this is not a happy start to the day... but it made me laugh! The part about Westley at least! I woke up by cleaning shit off my daughter which, I would guess, smelled almost as bad as Westley did. What did that girl eat yesterday?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home