what am I thinking?!??!

my preparations and thoughts as I prepare to compete at Primal Quest '06

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

remarkably, it's not all about me

Marlene went to the doctor this morning, and she has to have surgery on her wrist. This totally sucks. She broke it 6 weeks ago, and although the bone has healed well, there is tendon damage that needs to be repaired. 6 weeks in a non-removable splint. I would be sooooo cranky if I had to deal with that. To make it all about me, this means another 6 weeks without my road riding partner.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I started crying when I read this - I miss my road partner also. And yes, it sucks and I don't yet know how to deal with it, but again, it's not all about me. I'm not in a wheelchair, nor do I have a broken elbow that I had to spend 10 days in a hospital for. I just have a cranky arm that I don't know how to deal with yet.

    And I miss you too.

     
  • At 8:27 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think we all have to remember that it's not all about me... or you. We do share the planet with 6.something billion people and we didn't all grow here together for no reason.

    And somehow, it’s all going to work out just fine. Just like I'll take Marlene to have her surgery if she needs me to, just like ya'll will be there when I'm put back in the hospital for my elbow (PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME THERE ALONE). And just like I'll be right there at PQ, waiting for phone calls from people back home on the internet to tell me where you are (and I'll do what I can to get to whatever TA to see you... and if I can figure out how, by pure coincidence, I will have just bought a bunch of hot pizza :-)

    My elbow is usually cranky, and it’s started popping - that hurts, I just can't think past tomorrow or I freak out. And I can't think about riding a bike too much or I’ll hyperventilate, but riding the cruiser is going good. People look at me funny but it’s because they’re jealous. I’m not so sure about an actual road bike yet, can we order training wheels through the shop?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home