what am I thinking?!??!

my preparations and thoughts as I prepare to compete at Primal Quest '06

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

more thanks

I have more thanks to send out. This week I got more boxes on my door step. Thanks to David and Katherine, and my peeps in Seattle. I totally appreciate it.

This experience of asking for help has been really interesting. I think we (I'm not totally clear who I mean by that 'we') were raised to be independent and that asking for help should be avoided. But I think that's wrong. Asking for help allows other people who support you in what you're doing, in whatever way works. Asking for help shows strengthens communities. I am remembering the support network I have from all the places I've lived. It's really cool. I'll be at PQ knowing that you're all tracking our progress through the website, and that will motivate me through the hard parts.

Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home