what am I thinking?!??!

my preparations and thoughts as I prepare to compete at Primal Quest '06

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

yes

For the past week or so, I've been having some text from an old Nike ad rattling around in my brain. I used to have the text posted in my dorm room in university. I nearly had it memorized from reading it every day. It's been repeating through my thoughts lately, so I went looking for it tonight. I couldn't find the old piece of paper, but through the miracle of google, I found the text. It has nothing to do with who originally wrote it or what they were trying to sell, but everything to do with going to Primal Quest. And everything to do with living.

All your life you are told the things you cannot do.
All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough.
They'll say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve that.
THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no until all the no's become meaningless.
All your life they will tell you no.
Quite firmly and very quickly.
They will tell you no.
And YOU WILL TELL THEM YES.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:11 a.m., Blogger Karen said…

    Hi betharooni. I love that mantra or whatever you might call it. I think it is a great one for you to use when you are feeling worried or scared about this. Although I know there is no reason for you to. Remember: she may be small but she is mighty.

     
  • At 9:36 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nice. more people should remember that. we all see more people just not doing things because they don't think they can, I know I do that to myself more than I should, even when I am concious of it. it is so very rewarding and can be quite a personal growth experience to overcome the fear and attempt something. even failure to accomplish the thing is a win. success in the endeavor can be life changing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home