what am I thinking?!??!

my preparations and thoughts as I prepare to compete at Primal Quest '06

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

i can see!!

This morning I went to the eye doctor to figure out how I'm going to see my way through Primal Quest. I've been wearing my last pair of two-week contacts for about 5 months. (As expected, the doctor scolded me and tried to scare me with stories of eye infections. But, if I've been neglectful for the past 15 years of contact use, including not washing my hands before putting them in or taking them out, don't you think I might have some sort of natural immunity? Or at least a very strong constituion there in my eyeballs? I'm going to stick with the not-broken theory.) I'm going to try extended wear contacts for the race. I was in a clinical study for them 10 years ago and I thought they were da bomb. (Yes, I really just said that). For the first time since I was 6, I could see the clock when I woke up in the morning.

I have two pairs to try out, so I'll take them to the three day race next week and see how they do. I've got my hopes up.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:10 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    best of luck at the 3 day. sorry I won't make it this year, just too much fun out there last year. glad you can see and everything.

    dave bogle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home