what am I thinking?!??!

my preparations and thoughts as I prepare to compete at Primal Quest '06

Monday, April 24, 2006

short crisis!

No, that's not a crisis that doesn't last very long, but a crisis regarding shorts. Tonight was the usual Monday night trek. I decided to ride my bike down there rather than drive (it didn't take much longer on the bike), so I was already sweaty when I arrived and it was a pretty warm evening. I was wearing my favourite bike shorts, which I have used in many adventure races for bike/trek sections. I've had no probem in them, even after stream crossings and many hours of wear. But tonight, after only an hour or so of trekking, I noticed some chafing. By the time we were done 2.5 hours of walking, my ass was unhappy. I ended up with two big chafed spots. The three day race is in a week, and suddenly I have to find a new pair of shorts and try them out. A definite crisis.

No, no pictures of this one.

The trek was great though. Especially because with the rain last week, the creek was running and we stopped before the last climb out to go for a swim under the falls. The fire flies were out, the water was awesome. It was perfect. Except for the stinging spots on my ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home