what am I thinking?!??!

my preparations and thoughts as I prepare to compete at Primal Quest '06

Saturday, April 22, 2006

race location

We finally got newsletter #4. The race will be starting outside of Moab, at Red Cliffs Lodge. I have to admit (although I feel silly for it) that I'm disappointed in the chosen race location. I just feel like Moab has been done. EcoChallenge was there years ago, and Adventure Xstream has had an expedition race there for the past two years, as well as 12 hr races. I wish they could have chosen something new. I'm sure I'll get over it, but right now I'm disappointed.

There were lots of interesting things in the newsletter, including how our gear will have to be organized in our gear boxes that makes my new fancy small-bins-in-bin organization completely useless. We get a bin for mountaineering gear, one for food and one for other gear. That's for all of us. Not sure exactly how that will work, but I guess we'll figure it out. Seems like it will be tight. Oh, and the first leg will be 36-72 hrs long. Ouch.

So, Moab in June/July. Suddenly I'm really excited about the hot weather here in Texas. It will definitely be to our advantage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home