what am I thinking?!??!

my preparations and thoughts as I prepare to compete at Primal Quest '06

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

off i go!

I'm just about to head out to the race. The jitters have mostly been replaced by excitement. This is a super fun race, and I'm excited to see how the team gets along. The weather is looking pissy, with 60% chance of scattered strong storms just after the start of the race, but let's hope we fall in the 40% instead. The dirt roads up there totally suck in the rain (last year's 1 hr ride turned into a 4 hr bike slog).

I'll be back Sunday and will post a race report soon afterwards. Wish us luck!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Actually, it was 5 or 6 hours, maybe 7, in horrifying peanut butter mud, in the dark. For miles. Clearly, the horror of this experience has not lessened one teeny tiny bit over the last year. Scarred am I. Scarred. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home